What is a crypto exchange?
A crypto-exchange, also known as a crypto marketplace, essentially functions as an online trading platform where users can buy and sell various types of cryptocurrency. Think of it as a digital market where traders and investors come together to trade their digital currency. Just as in the traditional financial world, the exchange acts as a kind of broker or intermediary. This allows you to swap both your traditional currency, like euros, and your previously acquired cryptocurrency for another desired crypto coin.
It’s important to note that not every crypto-exchange offers the same selection of cryptocurrencies. The coins on offer vary by platform, depending on their partnerships, technical capabilities, and strategic decisions. However, you can be fairly certain that most major and reputable platforms will have the most well-known and popular crypto tokens, such as Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Cardano (ADA), and Ripple (XRP), in their assortment. These coins have a solid reputation and a large following, making them often seen as standard in the crypto world.
What are the differences between crypto exchanges?
- Crypto exchanges vary in multiple ways. Here are some key differences:
- Type of Exchange:
- Centralized Exchanges (CEX): Operated by centralized organizations. Users deposit funds directly into the exchange, and the exchange acts as an intermediary for trades. Examples include Binance, Bybit, and Bitget.
- Decentralized Exchanges (DEX): Operate without a central authority. Trades occur directly between users. Examples include Uniswap, SushiSwap, and PancakeSwap.On referralcoders.com we mainly focus on crypto exchanges
- Trading Pairs: Some exchanges might offer more trading pairs (combinations of cryptocurrencies you can trade) than others. While almost every exchange will offer popular pairs like BTC/ETH, more obscure pairs might be found only on specific crypto platforms like MEXC.
- Type of Exchange:
- Geographical Restrictions: Some exchanges may not be available in certain countries due to regulatory reasons. This is actually an important factor. Never trade on an exchange that is restricted in your country!
- Fees: Exchanges differ in their fee structures, including trading fees, withdrawal fees, and deposit fees. Some might offer reduced fees for holders of their native tokens. For daytraders this is an important factor to take care of!
- Security: The security measures an exchange implements can vary widely. Features might include two-factor authentication (2FA), cold storage, insurance, and more. Also look at the reputation of an exchange. How long is it active and has it ever been hacked?
- User Interface: The ease of use can differ greatly between exchanges. Some are designed for beginners, while others cater to experienced traders with advanced charting tools and features.
- Fiat On-Ramps: Some exchanges allow users to deposit and withdraw traditional fiat currencies like USD, EUR, or GBP, while others might only allow for crypto-to-crypto trades.
- Volume and Liquidity: Larger exchanges often have higher liquidity, meaning trades can be executed quickly without significant price slippage.
- Supported Coins: While all crypto exchanges support Bitcoin and Ethereum, other altcoins with a lower marketcap might be exclusive to or more prevalent on certain platforms.
- Regulatory Compliance: Exchanges can vary in their adherence to regulations. Some might comply with strict regulatory environments, requiring KYC (Know Your Customer) and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) checks, while others might operate in a more relaxed regulatory environment.
- Customer Support: The quality and speed of customer support can be a distinguishing factor between exchanges.
- Staking: Some exchanges offer staking services, allowing users to earn interest on their held crypto.
- Lending and Borrowing: Platforms like Binance and Kraken offer crypto lending and borrowing.
- Margin Trading: Allows traders to borrow funds to trade, amplifying potential profits and losses.
- Sign up rewards: Some platforms offer high sign up rewards (Bybit) others offer (almost) nothing.
- Referral program rewards: Every exchange has a referral or affiliate program, but every exchange pays diffently. Some offer CPA bonuses where others offers a (high) revenue share.
Top 5 best crypto exchanges
Bybit is a popular cryptocurrency exchange for serious daytraders. Slowly but surely they are conquering Asia and Europe with their user-friendly yet sophisticated trading platform. In fact, the transaction fees are also among the lowest in the market. Many daytraders and crypto influencers use the Bybit exchange for this reason.
Bybit also has one of the best sign up bonuses. In fact, you can earn up to 30K in deposit rewards after signing up! Check out more about the welcome bonus by clicking the button.
Binance is the very most popular exchange in the world. Whereas Bybit focuses mainly on traders, Binance targets any individual who wants to do something with crypto. Binance already has more then 140M users worldwide.
There is a Binance beginners interface and an interface for experienced users. The switch button makes it easy to switch interfaces. Besides trading on Binance, you can do anything crypto related there. These include staking, trading NFTs, mining, borrowing, managing your assets, doing analysis and much more.
Binance’s transaction fees are also among one of the lowest on the market. With our referral code, you get another 20% discount + $300 sign up bonus. You can also pay your transaction fees in BNB to receive another 25% discount.
OKX is the most popular crypto exchange among most Asians. Slowly but surely, more and more Europeans are also starting to trust OKX. Unfortunately, some European countries are stopping OKX from growing as is happening with Binance.
OKX offers hundreds of crypto trading pairs and all the functionalities you crave as a true crypto trader. In terms of trading volume, it is one of the largest exchanges and has millions of users in more than 200 countries.
At the OKX crypto exchange you can use our referral code chance to earn up to $10,000 when creating a new account. In addition, you get an exclusive 20% discount on your trades. In fact, we have set the commission kickback rate at 20. Finally, it is nice to know that every month OKX offers valuable promotions and trading competitions that allow you to earn extra bonuses. Check it out!
In 2018, Bitget entered the crypto market. With its roots in Signapore, the exchange has grown rapidly. Currently, there are already more than 600 cryptocurrencies to trade on the platform. Bitget is very similar to Bybit and they are therefore very competitive.
CopyTrading is something Bitget has become very popular with. It offers excellent opportunities for that and the best master copy traders gather on Bitget.
The welcome bonus currently runs up to $5027 but varies from time to time. Bitget does many different promotions interchangeably!
Founded in the bull market of 2017, KuCoin aims to develop a secure cryptocurrency trading platform that is user-friendly in addition to being secure.
KuCoin was just like OKX initially built for the Asian market and this is well reflected on the platform. Currently, 1 in 4 crypto traders have a KuCoin account. You can buy many crypto coins with a low market cap.
With our referral code you get 20% discount on all your transactions + other welcome gifts. The highest discount that can be given. Check it out for yourself!
We at referralcoders.com providing you with the best discount possible.
If you found a referral code with a better deal please let us know. Send an email to email@example.com. We’ll verify the discount and replace the current promo code with your referral code.